strange UoP website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barami0113

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just visited their website and found this on FAQ section.

Q: If I have applied to Pacific in previous years, am I guaranteed admission next year?
A: No. Our School has one of the largest applicant pools in the country. This year nearly 3,000 individuals applied for 140 positions. Unfortunately, the Committee had to deny admission to many qualified applicants due to limited class size. Competitive applicants may need to apply several times before being invited for an interview.

Hm... I didn't know # of applications counts.

Members don't see this ad.

Q: If I have applied to Pacific in previous years, am I guaranteed admission next year?
A: No. Our School has one of the largest applicant pools in the country. This year nearly 3,000 individuals applied for 140 positions. Unfortunately, the Committee had to deny admission to many qualified applicants due to limited class size. Competitive applicants may need to apply several times before being invited for an interview.

Yeah. Kind of a weird statement. I guess their definition of 'competitive' is the key here.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think what they are saying is that there are more qualified applicants than there are spaces. Thus apply as early as possible. Once it's full it's full, no matter your stats

Once it's full it's full, no matter your stats

There is always room in pacific's class! Only problem is you won't have a seat in lecture...but they just assume you'll be sittin on your wallet anyway.