Street Dentists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

So I guess its funny that when the poor in 3rd world countries have a problem with a tooth, they have to go to some random guy with pliers and get an extraction without anaesthetic because they can't afford a real dentist? I know you didnt mean it like this, but its just something to think about...maybe when we all get out of dental school, we can all do something to help.

Damn, I hate claymation...

Members don't see this ad :)
HermeytheElf said:
So I guess its funny that when the poor in 3rd world countries have a problem with a tooth, they have to go to some random guy with pliers and get an extraction without anaesthetic because they can't afford a real dentist? I know you didnt mean it like this, but its just something to think about...maybe when we all get out of dental school, we can all do something to help.

Agreed.

As much as you don't want to believe it...the US will not be a superpower in X years, and you might have to get your extraction off the streets. Not funny at all. FYI...The trade deficit record was broken today.

3eb4me said:
Agreed.

As much as you don't want to believe it...the US will not be a superpower in X years, and you might have to get your extraction off the streets. Not funny at all. FYI...The trade deficit record was broken today.

uh..... I guess I didn't get the memo. What is going to happen to the US in X years? Are we going to be 3rd world or what? someone please tell me.

Dentalist said:

Man, It breaks my heart when I see stuff like this. We all should dedicate sometime during or after school to reach out to people like this. That's one of the reasons I chose Penn. Their 4th year externships would be a way to get involved in other countries, like a preview, so that when we get out we have an idea of how we can be of more help to people like this.

If these guys can do acceptable work with these crude tools, imagine how awesome they would work with better tools and better training. There's a big world out there waiting for us to help out. Thanks OP for giving me one more reason to consider getting involved with volunteering in developing countries.

HermeytheElf said:
I thought it was pretty funny. C'mon people! I bet those Indian guys would prbably have a laugh too. Let's get off the "save the world's teeth" bandwagon and have a laugh. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HermeytheElf said:
Then you're not gonna think this is funny either.....

can you get a happy ending with that colon cleansing? Looks like that kind of place.

TimR said:
uh..... I guess I didn't get the memo. What is going to happen to the US in X years? Are we going to be 3rd world or what? someone please tell me.

Look at history dude. Every great power falls. Now, I highly doubt it'll be in our lifetime but hey, in 500 years, chances are, the US won't be the super power. My bet is on China.

Russia or China.

From the way it's looking now, China will be it.

I think Iraq and Afghanistan will be the superpowers. Maybe even Pakistan.

LloydBanks said:
I think Iraq and Afghanistan will be the superpowers. Maybe even Pakistan.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: