Strenghts and Weakness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viraj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I have interviews in NYU and BU on Thursday and Friday respectively, please let me know what kinda questions they ask. Also i wanna know what u should say when they ask u whats ur weakness and strengths. One more question, I had 15 in PAT, how should i answer the question when they ask me what happened in PAT section. Please let me know some good reason that i could say to them. I really do wanna join the dental school, so I would really apreciate all of u people's responses. Also if somebody has any idea, what kinda percntage of people r excepted in both of these schools if they r invited for an interview.
Thank you very much
Viraj

Members don't see this ad.

15 on PAT!! That is on the low end, but I think you should tell them honestly what you think went wrong rather than making up the perfect excuse. I'm assuming that you didn't practice enough, since the PAT portion is all about practice, practice, and even more practice until your eyes are doing top, front, end projections before you actually recognize anything (e.g. glass, cell phone, stapler, etc.) :p . I think you should be fine at NYU, but I don't know too much about BU. What are your overall stats? How did you do on the Academic portion of the DAT, and what is your GPA? Only with that information anyone can advise you about your chances.

DesiDentist,

I disagree about it being practice only! I practiced a lot for it, and was confident. However, on the day of the exam just at the start the PAT, they turned on the A/C for some odd reason. I was shivering through the whole thing and couldn't concentrate at all. I didn't want toleave to get my jacket, because thatwould have usedup time, which is very precious in the PAT section above all other sections. As a result, I couldn't focus and didn't do that great. I even told them at the break that it was very cold, and they turned up the heat a bit, so I was fine for the rest of the test.

I know it might sound corny, but it's the truth!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah sure Bucky like we're going to believe you! hehe Just kidding! Well now everyone can learn from your experience and bring a nice jacket where u can just slip on easily =P (btw i thought of this before the exam...cause i get cold easily).

Viraj just be honest. They are interviewing you, so you definately have the potential for dental school. =) Let me know how your NYU interview turns out...mine's next month!

good luck!

Bucky, I don't think I am going to Nebraska... I am still freaked out from Children of the Corn... :(

Buckyball,

I didn't think of it that way!! However I will when I take the DAT in June. However, for me practicing helped a lot. However, i would be really interested in what Viraj has to say his reason was.

Also, like StarGirl says...if they offered you an interview they like you as far as numbers/credentials go. The next step is kicking butt at the interview...

Hey Bucky, it's good to see your posts. I can confirm with Bucky's incident with temperature stress. It's always like that at UofT. Perhaps some kind of conspiracy.

Toothdecay