Stress Reliever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrepharmKID

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what everyone here does for the stress of school, interviewing for school, etc.

I know sometimes when I get super stressed I tend to stay up ridiculously late studying. That is when I seem to get the most accomplished. Sleeping is another great activity that helps me when I'm stressed. Uh, keep it appropriate. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Massage, strictly medical term.

I used to like going out and doing random things with friends (summertime=BEACH!!), but lately my roommates and I bake all the time (baked goods), haha around midterms or finals the kitchen is full of cakes or muffins or brownies or cookies... which never get eaten. Especially since it's started snowing, I hibernate and just watch a movie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to like going out and doing random things with friends (summertime=BEACH!!), but lately my roommates and I bake all the time (baked goods), haha around midterms or finals the kitchen is full of cakes or muffins or brownies or cookies... which never get eaten. Especially since it's started snowing, I hibernate and just watch a movie.

There is almost nothing better than the beach or eating brownies and cookies. EXCEPT all three at the same time!

A friend got me into shooting pistols, so taking my gun to the shooting range and firing a hundred rounds is extremely relaxing.

Play iCopter on my iPhone.

Playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on my PS3.

There is almost nothing better than the beach or eating brownies and cookies. EXCEPT all three at the same time!

A friend got me into shooting pistols, so taking my gun to the shooting range and firing a hundred rounds is extremely relaxing.

I wish I could do that except with an AK47.

Shopping!
and reading too

I know sometimes when I get super stressed I tend to stay up ridiculously late studying. That is when I seem to get the most accomplished. Sleeping is another great activity that helps me when I'm stressed. Uh, keep it appropriate. :laugh:

haha, it sounds like you like to study AND sleep at the same time when stressed. I read a favorite book or watch a old movie, happy ending is a must! Any good suggestions? :laugh:

I wish I could do that except with an AK47.

HAHA, yeah, well if you want any sort of fancy rifle, you better get one soon. Not wanting to turn this into a political thread, but we all know obama is for strict gun control, leading to complete gun control...

I have a Taurus 1911 .45, so much fun to shoot

I go out and fuss with my horses. Forget about a training session and just groom them, trim whiskers, scratch their itchy spots: all the stuff I don't have time to do normally.

If it's late and I'm freaking out I set my iTunes to random and play spider solitaire.

Usually listening to music calms me down if I am stressing out. I like to take a really hot shower to clear my mind, and it helps me think.

Members don't see this ad :)
:DExercise!!

YEP!

Weight lifting....

Run a few miles to break a sweat usually gets my mind off of almost everything.

oh and playing the bass guitar in a gig or playing in an orchestra gets me in the zone that requires my complete focus. :)

Just played RockBand2 at a friends place....very cool party game yet I still prefer playing the original instruments.

To handle the rigorous of pharmd school I am now officially a weekend alcoholic/binge drinker: :hello:

U guys should start watching family guy.......hilarious.
Oh, and playing or watching a football (soccer for the americans) or basketball game.

Come on pharmacy students..... OxyContin, Ativan, Valium, Xanax, Adderall, Concerta, Vyvanse, Vicodin, Percocet... LMAO!!! j/k guys.

A day home with my PS3 and DVDs does the trick.

:whistle:Just taking a day off everyonce in awhile and doing absolutely nothing. Nothing better in life.

U guys should start watching family guy.......hilarious.
Oh, and playing or watching a football (soccer for the americans) or basketball game.

haha i've actually started liking family guy! i watched a couple episodes last night, it just took me a while to get used to the humor :laugh:

oh and good call on the sports, I definitely like watching college sports. Not so much pro, but every saturday I am watching college football - but can't wait for march!

I workout and read all kinds of books everyday. I used to be a really good at beer pong but then I stopped hanging out with my friends from high school. :(

Since you guys seem to like to talk about guns, I used to have a benelli nova pump. That 12 gauge really hits!