Stress!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rambo2006

Be a DDS or die trying
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Like many of you, this period of waiting for the second round is very stressful. I know from what I've been hearing, that dental school is also a lot stressful after u get in study ur butt off. I feel like my bieng stressed out is causing me to "act out" sometimes by not bieng as patient or respectful with my family and friends. I'm wondering how you deal with it, so that I can try to live in a healthier manner amongst my loved ones. Please let me know what works for you and what doesnt.

thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

rambo2006 said:
Hello,

Like many of you, this period of waiting for the second round is very stressful. I know from what I've been hearing, that dental school is also a lot stressful after u get in study ur butt off. I feel like my bieng stressed out is causing me to "act out" sometimes by not bieng as patient or respectful with my family and friends. I'm wondering how you deal with it, so that I can try to live in a healthier manner amongst my loved ones. Please let me know what works for you and what doesnt.

thanks. :)

I just think that you should realize that the worst case senario, you not getting in this year, is not that bad at all. You can always make yourself more competitive by doing several things, and, of course, apply a bit earlier. One year will certainly not make or break you. I had to take a year off from school after high school for things beyond my control, and I'm just finishing up a 6 year program so I guess I've waited long enough. As a late applicant, I've been very fortunate thus far, and I honestly wish you the best of luck. It's going to be great having people like you in the profession that truly want to be dentists and embrace the great responsibility.

PeterEP said:
I just think that you should realize that the worst case senario, you not getting in this year, is not that bad at all. You can always make yourself more competitive by doing several things, and, of course, apply a bit earlier. One year will certainly not make or break you. I had to take a year off from school after high school for things beyond my control, and I'm just finishing up a 6 year program so I guess I've waited long enough. As a late applicant, I've been very fortunate thus far, and I honestly wish you the best of luck. It's going to be great having people like you in the profession that truly want to be dentists and embrace the great responsibility.

Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try the gym or some other exercise to releave stress.