"Stressed Vet Student" thread on VIN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PAThbrd

LA Surgery Resident
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Fellow VINers,

Theres a thread on the message boards about stress in vet school thats pretty good.

http://www.vin.com/Members/BoardsMain/Boards.plx?Read=1&Id=4*146*644256&All=1

Its a lot of C=DVM/VMD advice, but it was nice to read about how 2nd year sucked for everyone, even 20+ years ago, and its not just me!

And if you're not on VIN and you are a current vet student, you should join. Because VIN is awesome. And its free (for students).

Members don't see this ad.

Word to that. 2nd year seems to be the worst! Someone once told me that first year, you are too frightened to be stressed. Second year, you are stressed to your breaking point. Third year, you are so jaded from second year and so ready to get on to clinics that you don't bother being stressed. ;)

something to look forward to :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Word to that. 2nd year seems to be the worst! Someone once told me that first year, you are too frightened to be stressed. Second year, you are stressed to your breaking point. Third year, you are so jaded from second year and so ready to get on to clinics that you don't bother being stressed. ;)

That sounds about right. I think 2nd year's kind of a slump year b/c the excitement of getting into vet school has worn off & clinics still seem impossible far away (as well as graduating).

I found the VIN thread reassuring as well, glad you posted it here PAThbrd.

That was a great thread. One of my favorite quotes from a song is from Led Zeppelin's "Going to California."

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams, telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

:cool: