#stressed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nayr221

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As most of you know (probably all of you) being a pre-med kid is pretty stressful with all these science classes, requirements, etc. What are some things do you guys do to help alleviate the stress of the semester?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol ultimate pre-med - doesn't even know how to relax.

Relaxing is different for everyone... Find what you enjoy doing and do it.. It's pretty simple.

Honestly, some days I just kick back with a can of Bud and just hashtag it out.
#Brewskiwiththebuds

Reactions: 1 user
I take more business classes to help me de-stress...

when you say next night, is that like at 5PM, you plan out your usual 2AM-5AM activities or you actually plan more than 24 hours in advance? #curious
I plan my next night out, I find the ritual soothing...

Cigars, and I'm gonna blame that habit on my business school buddies...

Chasing some pre-med tail. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Reactions: 1 users
Anime. But not shoujo. That stuff just makes you angrier.

I am at the end of my med school days now, but back before med school and during med school, I would say that making sure I got adequate sleep was very important for stress management. Which isn't to say that I always followed my own advice here (haha), but I should have. Exercise is good, too. It's great what a 1/2-hour bicycle ride can do for you.

Having a hobby or two may be useful for this purpose. I try to play tennis at least once a week to get away from the books. Also making plans with friends kinda gives you something to look forward to and makes each week a little better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

As most of you know (probably all of you) being a pre-med kid is pretty stressful with all these science classes, requirements, etc. What are some things do you guys do to help alleviate the stress of the semester?

Busting a ......

Dont go watching Magic Mike. It's a waste of time on your day off, and you will end up doing homework at 8 am along with the movie waiting for the stripper parts.

watchtv/youtube. Gym. Play games. Eat. Eat. Def paint and/or do something artsy. Sometimes even if its making a color-scheme of your to-do list.

Look at SDN. Start seeing people's stats. Realize that just made the stress worse. Every single time, and yet I can't stop... :grumpy:

Gymsies (minus leg day)

Cliche...... but it works for me...... "Study hard, play hard"

I literally spent most of my undergrad and post-UG in the library. Of course by myself. I found a way to decompress by going out and partying like a boss. I only go out on Saturday night when the clubs are truly alive. You have to balance out your life; you just have to find that variable that follows your life's equation.

There is a SDN member named LongDong that partied all the time throughout his medical career. He is currently a dermatologist somewhere in Cali. He is my role model.

Look at SDN. Start seeing people's stats. Realize that just made the stress worse. Every single time, and yet I can't stop... :grumpy:

If you cant use this as a motivational tool, you will literally have an endless supply of energy bursts when you log on.
It helps you see that you are not competing with the pool at your school. there are hundreds of these pools around the country. Dont dry up in the sun

Honestly I think i'm going to drink because of the stress..... :=|:-):

Bleed out a hobo in an alley while blasting Don't Fear the Reaper, because the extra humiliation of dying to the cowbell seems to work for me.

Seriously though, sex and alcohol. I hit the gym pretty hard in undergrad too.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I punch babies and kick dogs. Victimless crime, except for my grades if I don't find enough babies and dogs.