stressing about CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattie113

totally awesome
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post this so others like me do not stress over the results of CS - I just found out that I passed after three months of stressing out over the results, partially due to all the chatter on this board about people with excellent clinical skills and grades failing the exam. I was freaked out because I had failed a few sections on my med school's clinical exam and then when I actually took the CS I was extremely sick with the flu and basically so doped up on cough medicine that I literally forgot portions of histories and did not type fast enough to complete parts of notes. After reading this message board I was sure that I had failed and was trying to figure out how to retake the exam and still gradutate on time!! I dont know how much luck plays a role or not but hopefully this post will let those out there like me sleep a little easier while waiting for the CS results... good luck with the match everyone!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

. . . when I actually took the CS I was extremely sick with the flu and basically so doped up on cough medicine that I literally forgot portions of histories and did not type fast enough to complete parts of notes.

I was also wicked ill when I took CS, and screwed up a bunch of stuff. I still passed as well.

Just a bit of advice to anyone else who is sick on test day. Make sure you are as doped-up on meds as possible. According to the stuff they handed out on test day, if you "appear to the ill" they will not let you take the test and you will have to reschedule for another day (at no additional charge). I don't know if this is always enforced, but it could be potentially disasterous if they did, especially if you come from far away like me.