strong MSK or Sports Medicine feel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AndyDufrane

Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi ,
I was trying to get an idea about what programs are strong in MSK or if I wanted to enter sports rehab.any input would be appreciated.thanks
 
From interviewing last year I got the impression that UVA (Charlottesville, VA) had a heavy emphasis on MSK. Residents at UCLA and Emory also said they had really good MSK training although the program did not seem to emphasize it as much during interviews.
 
Hi ,
I was trying to get an idea about what programs are strong in MSK or if I wanted to enter sports rehab.any input would be appreciated.thanks

There are a lot of "names" in sports rehab - mostly PASSOR people. Most of the top programs in PM&R have strong sports people. For example, Mayo has Jay Smith, RIC has Joel Press et al. (rehab-sports-dr can elaborate) St. Louis has Heidi Prather, Kessler has Malanga, etc.etc.

Places with sports/MSK fellowships usually have good MSK/sports rehab doctors.