Struggling in grade 12 Chemistry

hamster3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been having a hard time with gr.12 chemistry lately. It's taking me hours upon hours just to finish the homework and I end up being behind. Every time I think I understand a question, a different question(different concept) stumps me and I just can't get in the zone. I ask questions in class and usually talk to the teacher after school but it's just not enough.

What to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you might not understand the actual material/concepts well enough to do the problems. If that is the case, either go back and reread your textbook/notes or I find watching videos such as Khan Academy or YouTube can be heplful

Alright, so I've taken a science class or two, and there are usually two reasons why I see people struggle. 1, not having a solid grasp on the fundamentals, and 2, overthinking. I would try to identify which one of these is inhibiting you the most, and then go from there.

That being said, I could be wrong and it could be something else entirely, but generally these are what get people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, so I've taken a science class or two, and there are usually two reasons why I see people struggle. 1, not having a solid grasp on the fundamentals, and 2, overthinking. I would try to identify which one of these is inhibiting you the most, and then go from there.

That being said, I could be wrong and it could be something else entirely, but generally these are what get people.

How do I tell if I'm over thinking these things?

Sounds like you might not understand the actual material/concepts well enough to do the problems. If that is the case, either go back and reread your textbook/notes or I find watching videos such as Khan Academy or YouTube can be heplful

I tried rereading the textbook/watching videos but even that hasn't helped. Like, k can't find videos that relate to the type of homework problems I'm struggling with.

How do I tell if I'm over thinking these things?
I guess I don't really know. If you break down a problem step by step do you understand what is going on? If you don't then you're probably shaky on your concepts.