Struggling with IVs IM Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisgoat

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am applying for IM residency this year from a lower-mid tier USMD program. I have thus far received only one interview so far.I have applied to about 60ish programs and received 5 rejections so far. I had to remediate my step 1 one time, and I scored a 247 on step 2. Besides that had 3 honors, 2 high passes, 2 passes in clinical grades. Have a lot to talk about research and community service. I have obvious red flags in my application but still I tried to make sure to apply to many community programs. Was hoping I could chat with someone either in comments or pm. Very disappointing so far, was just looking for some advice. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I don’t believe it’s against the rules to cold-email the PCs at programs you really want to go to. Worst thing they can say is no (or not respond).

Worked for me back during the residency interview session at one of my top desired programs; I emailed on a Monday or Tuesday and by Friday I had an II.

Reactions: 1 user
From what i understand all IM programs are running slow this year. You might be a candidate for an interview later into the cycle because some programs may pull you to fill a last minute position opening up.

Reactions: 1 user
Understood! Thank you two! I have sent multiple LOIs but was having tough time finding the email address of the PC so sent it to the main email? Do you think its still fine? And anything else you would recommend besides emails?