mayce

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi,
I am trying to figure out whether I would like to stay in student accomodation at Trinity College...I was looking at the rates for Trinity Hall (all first years have to go there, right?), and its either around 1500 or 1800 euros for a single bed room per semester...that makes for a round 500-600 euros a month for rent...
looking at rent for apartments on craigslist, I am finding many 2 bedroom apartments for 800 euros/month, with tons included....I'm sure I can find some one bedrooms for the same price as student accomodation...how can that be? maybe I'm missing something....

any advice/anyone looking for a roomate?!

Thanks.

Dr Noodle

Com***e Technician
10+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2008
Ireland
Status
Non-Student
that makes for a round 500-600 euros a month for rent...
Including bills? If so, that's not too bad. I'm paying 550 a month at the moment (€1100 for two bed, not including bills, and that's in Ballymun) so that really doesn't sound too bad for fancy Trinity accommodation.

Kerala20

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I have a single bedroom in a 3 bedroom penthouse apartment in Milltown. It is directly beside the Green LUAS line so 10-15minutes into town. The room costs 450euro per month (an absolute steal for Dublin rent rates). I just graduated from UCD medicine and will be starting work at St. James's hospital July 1st. The other room will taken by a UCD medical student. I'm originally from New York City and female. The other flatmate is Irish from Cork and male. It's a great little apartment and we're friendly. The lease begins July 2nd and runs for the year. If you're looking for off campus accommodation, it's a handy one to live in.