student business cards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmasaur

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of pharmacy students having business cards, with school logo and all? is it super ridiculous or a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

Who are you planning to hand out the business cards to?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Our school sells them. They are very useful, actually, for exchanging contact info with others.

I thought schools only sell those things to raise money for their Frat parties. Same with all the other crap that they sell.

I thought schools only sell those things to raise money for their Frat parties. Same with all the other crap that they sell.

:confused: Our APhA-ASP chapter sells them. No frat party funding there...

I have business cards from my employer that I've maybe handed out 10 in the last yr....box of 500 will last a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you guys think of pharmacy students having business cards, with school logo and all? is it super ridiculous or a good idea?

person_nerd2.jpg

I made some at home when i was a student. Never used a single one. Ended up throwing them all away.

Pretty much everyone involved in orgs at my school has them. We are encouraged to become members of pharmacy orgs outside school, and I've found them to be useful for trading contact info with mentors, peers etc in this setting. I also used a bunch of them at Midyear when I went to some of the sponsored events and met people associated with my orgs but at different schools. To each his/her own, but I've gotten a lot of mileage out of mine.

I have business cards from my employer that I've maybe handed out 10 in the last yr....box of 500 will last a long time.

You need to carry them around to drop in the free lunch bowls at restaurants... Chipotle and potbelly do regular giveaways!

so it wouldnt be useful at conferences and midyear and things like that? for the record I think they're pretty dorky too, but if there's some use for them that I'm unaware of then I'd like to know

You need to carry them around to drop in the free lunch bowls at restaurants... Chipotle and potbelly do regular giveaways!

This is the only reason I bought them from the frats last year.

Great minds think alike. :smuggrin:

And man have I blown through them! :D

5 free meals later...

this is so ridiculous. How about something innovative? is this innovative?

c'mon now... I got a card from you when you was a little student...

so it wouldnt be useful at conferences and midyear and things like that? for the record I think they're pretty dorky too, but if there's some use for them that I'm unaware of then I'd like to know

What would I do with your business card?

write comments on the back about what an eager student I seem like and keep me in mind for future jobs :D

Networking/business card is an excellent way to network at ASHP Midyear. I know one residency director I connected really well with at midyear wrote comments on the back of my card, and I have been in contact with the director since then. I will also be interviewing with this program soon. :xf:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user