Student Conclave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UFGPT2014

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was considering going to my state's student conclave next week as a DPT2. I assume that it would be a good learning experience as well as a good way to network and speak to recruiters. Has anyone attended a student conclave and can tell how beneficial it was for them. Also, is it better to attend as a DPT3, considering the proximity of being a licensed therapist? I must add I went to a regional FPTA meeting before and wasn't to impressed.

Members don't see this ad.

I went to my state's student conclave and I'll be perfectly honest, it was a disappointment. It was like driving to get some ice cream, only to find out that the ice cream store ran out of ice cream. There was no clinical information. The presentations were informative, but you could've easily gotten the information from skimming over a flyer.

Go to the "real PT" conference. If you're concerned about "networking," you'll get the same fix that way too.