Student Host for Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ilikescience

Disease, Ohh it is ON
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the list for student hosts for Nova? I tried to call the school, but no answer. I need to make arrangements asap, cause my interview is 9/14.

Members don't see this ad.

A little late in the game brother!

I'd suggest getting a hotel room. Feel free to PM me and I can give you the email address of the travel agent I've been using to get really good rates on rooms/airfare for interviews. Not a plug, just an observation. She's just helped me find great rates and been really, really easy to work with!

The interview packet makes reference to a list of student ambassadors. I was unable to find hide or hair of it. I emailed the school and they forwarded my name to a couple of them. Kind of them, but too bad I wasn't able to use the list, as advertised, to choose a student ambassador who might be viewing the world through eyes most similar to my own.

Crums! You interview tomorrow....why did I even respond? You've long since made plans :) I'll post it anyway in case it's helpful to someone else.

T

I'd suggest getting a hotel room. Feel free to PM me and I can give you the email address of the travel agent I've been using to get really good rates on rooms/airfare for interviews. Not a plug, just an observation. She's just helped me find great rates and been really, really easy to work with!

The interview packet makes reference to a list of student ambassadors. I was unable to find hide or hair of it. I emailed the school and they forwarded my name to a couple of them. Kind of them, but too bad I wasn't able to use the list, as advertised, to choose a student ambassador who might be viewing the world through eyes most similar to my own.

Crums! You interview tomorrow....why did I even respond? You've long since made plans :) I'll post it anyway in case it's helpful to someone else.

T

I don't think you can beat the Nova rate at the hotels around here through an agent.

Members don't see this ad :)
What Nova rate? There was nothing in the interview packet.
And why do I always feel like I'm asking painfully obvious questions? I swear I'm not the village idiot! :)

Thank you so much!
My agent did whip them but it could have easily gone the other way.

T

Does anyone have the list for student hosts for Nova? I tried to call the school, but no answer. I need to make arrangements asap, cause my interview is 9/14.

When did you submit your secondary? Submitted mine on 9/7. Haven't heard back yet, but it's probably too soon :p

T

You mean sister. I must talk dirty or something, cause I think someone else thought I was a dood too, or maybe not. No big deal. As long as people don't think that when they see me...haha.

As for the student host thing, I gave up and just booked a hotel. I'm here right now and they gave me a good deal...even cheaper than the Nova price. I think cause me and the front desk guy hit it off (we are both from Cali). So everything worked out.

Oh and DMX was on my flight...pretty sweet. We gave each other the wat's up as he rolled through.:smuggrin:

Regarding Natureboy's question: I submitted everything the 1st week in August and got the invite ~8/20. Hang in there I'm sure you will hear back in a few weeks to a month. Good luck:luck::luck:

You mean sister. I must talk dirty or something, cause I think someone else thought I was a dood too, or maybe not. No big deal. As long as people don't think that when they see me...haha.

As for the student host thing, I gave up and just booked a hotel. I'm here right now and they gave me a good deal...even cheaper than the Nova price. I think cause me and the front desk guy hit it off (we are both from Cali). So everything worked out.

Oh and DMX was on my flight...pretty sweet. We gave each other the wat's up as he rolled through.:smuggrin:

Regarding Natureboy's question: I submitted everything the 1st week in August and got the invite ~8/20. Hang in there I'm sure you will hear back in a few weeks to a month. Good luck:luck::luck:

Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy the weather. I was at the beach all day today:p.

Did they let you know when you were complete? I havent heard anything from them. I received my postcard that was sent with my lORs around the 26th of August, so I know they have everything.

Knock 'em dead sister! I interview on the 28th so I'm counting on you to soften them up for me :)

This is a bit of advice I got from my friend Jeff who interviews a lot folks:

"The biggest key with interviews is being fearless about being yourself. Too many people try to "say the right thing" based on what they think the interviewer wants to hear. Real stories about real people who face real challenges (and aren't afraid to talk about it) score big points. Also makes you stand out as an individual in people's minds. Very few are looking for someone who fits in a cookie-cutter mold."

So... hopefully we'll be together in the class of '12 :)
Picture that acceptance letter!

Thanks. Best wishes with that interview! :luck: