1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Student loan

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by AT747, Dec 10, 2002.

1. AT747

AT747 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Guys I need some information about student loans. Here's my situation, because I always had a full-time job while I was attending school my total debts as of today is $0.00 and that includes my credit cards car payments and etc . Does anyone know how much I would accumulate in student loans by the end of my 4th year? Here's the list of schools that I'm interested. ICO, PCO and SUNY. I know SUNY has the lowest tuition after UCB, but the cost of living in NY is extremely high. For instance, a friend of mine goes to SUNY and he lives about 45min away from the school and still he pays $ 1,100 for 1 bedroom apt.

2. christie

christie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have undergrad loans, grad loans and now optometry loans, so I'm in a much worse situation. Thats great that you don't have any previous student loan debt :)

If you end up going to a private school, you could wind up taking out $100,000 in loans, but don't worry too much about that right now. The OD that I worked for went to the most expensive optometry school, and he payed back his loans in 10 years.

You could get a studio or 1 bdrrom for less than 1,000 in NY. You just have to live outside the city, like queens, bklyn, staten island, bronx, long island. I lived in a 3 bedroom in a good part of queens for $1,300, so you jut have to look around.:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...