Student loan

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AT747

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys I need some information about student loans. Here's my situation, because I always had a full-time job while I was attending school my total debts as of today is $0.00 and that includes my credit cards car payments and etc . Does anyone know how much I would accumulate in student loans by the end of my 4th year? Here's the list of schools that I'm interested. ICO, PCO and SUNY. I know SUNY has the lowest tuition after UCB, but the cost of living in NY is extremely high. For instance, a friend of mine goes to SUNY and he lives about 45min away from the school and still he pays $ 1,100 for 1 bedroom apt.

Members don't see this ad.

I have undergrad loans, grad loans and now optometry loans, so I'm in a much worse situation. Thats great that you don't have any previous student loan debt :)

If you end up going to a private school, you could wind up taking out $100,000 in loans, but don't worry too much about that right now. The OD that I worked for went to the most expensive optometry school, and he payed back his loans in 10 years.

You could get a studio or 1 bdrrom for less than 1,000 in NY. You just have to live outside the city, like queens, bklyn, staten island, bronx, long island. I lived in a 3 bedroom in a good part of queens for $1,300, so you jut have to look around.:)