Student Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zuma35

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do student loans work? Can I take out low interest loans for the entire cost of dental school? How much is the interest after you leave school?

Members don't see this ad.

I work as a loan councelor. First thing you want to do is contact school financial aid office, online or by phone. All the information you will need is there, so if you have a specific school in mid, check out their online site

I work as a loan councelor. First thing you want to do is contact school financial aid office, online or by phone. All the information you will need is there, so if you have a specific school in mid, check out their online site

Supraman,

I am currently on f-1 visa (student visa), and will still be on it when i get accepted into a dental school....do you know what the situation is like now, u know with the credit crisis?? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Supraman,

I am currently on f-1 visa (student visa), and will still be on it when i get accepted into a dental school....do you know what the situation is like now, u know with the credit crisis?? :(

http://www.edupass.org/finaid/loans.phtml

You are most likely going to need a US cosigner with good credit. You are going to have to apply for private loans with banks that will take the risk with you.