student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cellmatrix

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do we all have to take forbearance with capitalization on all loans this year as PGY3? Does the government only allow internship/residency deferment on federally subsidized loans for PGY1 and PGY2? What a rip off! Our government says they want to help but they are won't even cut a break on student loans and other critical measures that would help but they want to spend trillions and waste on useless projects. I think I'm going to go drink some tea now!
 
Do we all have to take forbearance with capitalization on all loans this year as PGY3? Does the government only allow internship/residency deferment on federally subsidized loans for PGY1 and PGY2? What a rip off! Our government says they want to help but they are won't even cut a break on student loans and other critical measures that would help but they want to spend trillions and waste on useless projects. I think I'm going to go drink some tea now!


You can defer 3 years not 2. Then, yes, you have to forebear with interest capitalization.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought we were unable to defer federal loans at all anymore, but instead had to go into income-based repayment...