Student who reapplied & was accepted - ask me anything!

Started by LLGPT212
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LLGPT212

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not usually the one to post, but I wanted to because I have seen a lot of posts where people ask about their chances of getting in or if they should reapply or not. As someone who reapplied/did not have that high of a GPA and had many doubts along the way, I want to encourage people to keep going!! My first year I applied to 4 schools and I was rejected from all of them, but then this past year I reapplied and received 5 interviews and 3 acceptances to some of my top schools. I am happy to answer any questions about reapplying/applying with lower GPAs!
 
I am not usually the one to post, but I wanted to because I have seen a lot of posts where people ask about their chances of getting in or if they should reapply or not. As someone who reapplied/did not have that high of a GPA and had many doubts along the way, I want to encourage people to keep going!! My first year I applied to 4 schools and I was rejected from all of them, but then this past year I reapplied and received 5 interviews and 3 acceptances to some of my top schools. I am happy to answer any questions about reapplying/applying with lower GPAs!
What was your GPA/ GRE the first time around vs. the second time?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry for the delayed response!
Here is what I changed in my application:
- Added ~1,000 observation hours (had an internship and then a job as a rehab tech)
- Increase the number of areas/specialities I had shadowed at (called hospitals, nursing homes, etc. to get experience)
- studied and retook the GRE and improved scores (GRE was 151Q, 150V, 3.0W and then 153Q, 154V, 4.0 W)
- took 2 summer classes to use towards improving prerequisite GPA (example: I got a B in stat in undergrad and so I took biostat over the summer and got an A so I was able to use an A vs a B towards my prerequisite GPA)
- I first applied as a rising senior and then reapplying I was able to use my senior year grades to add to my cumulative GPA (my 60 credit GPA was a 6.86 which schools can look at too see if you have improved)