Study Abroad and AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Requip

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I studied abroad in London my junior year and don't have a transcript from my foreign institution. The grades were transferred P/F to my college. A slight problem results b/c my college is on th quarter system and the foreign institution was a semester so I earned 6 Credits only taking 4 courses. Will this be a problem for AACOMAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might give them a call and ask. But make sure there is absolutely no way for you to get your transcript from your London school. I studied abroad also, and I couldn't even apply to DO schools last year because they wanted my transcript and told me my waiver wouldn't go through. Only they told me too late, and by the time I was able to get my transcript, I missed the deadlines.

When I studied abroad, I went through my school. My school had my abroad transcript, and thats all I needed. I didn't have to go through my school in London.

As long as the classes from abroad appear on your university transcript, there's NO NEED to go through the horror of trying to get one from abroad, which would take months and months anyway. I studied abroad in Mexico, and the credits appeared on my US transcript, so there was no need to get transcripts from Mexico. You would only need to get abroad transcripts if you went abroad and took classes independently (i.e. NOT as part of a university-sponsored program), which you did NOT do. You went through a university-sponsored program, so it's all fine.

mj1878 said:
As long as the classes from abroad appear on your university transcript, there's NO NEED to go through the horror of trying to get one from abroad, which would take months and months anyway. I studied abroad in Mexico, and the credits appeared on my US transcript, so there was no need to get transcripts from Mexico. You would only need to get abroad transcripts if you went abroad and took classes independently (i.e. NOT as part of a university-sponsored program), which you did NOT do. You went through a university-sponsored program, so it's all fine.

That's what I did, went independently. I wasn't sure what the OP had done, since it wasn't clear from the post. My study abroad classes appear on my transcript, but they just show up as transfer credit. But yea, if you went through a university, wouldn't you still need to get a transcript from the university that sponsered the trip, unless it was your home university?

musiclink213 said:
That's what I did, went independently. I wasn't sure what the OP had done, since it wasn't clear from the post. My study abroad classes appear on my transcript, but they just show up as transfer credit. But yea, if you went through a university, wouldn't you still need to get a transcript from the university that sponsered the trip, unless it was your home university?

Music that is my situation exactly. I studied in London but it was sponsored through Arcadia University but my college only accepted the credits as p/f. So on my home transcript it shows up as P/F and they give me credits. I should be fine then since my college transferred the credits as P/F? I hope so.

Here's my story:

I studied the year in Copenhagen at DIS. I had a transcript created there as well as a transcript at the U of MN where I was also enrolled to do this program. When I applied to AACOMAS, I had only sent in my DIS transcript...BIG MISTAKE. They needed to get the classes verified by some outside body, the list is provided. What I should have done is send in just the UMN transcript and save myself 120 bucks, well save it for another expenditure in this wonderful journey we call med school apps.

Requip said:
I studied abroad in London my junior year and don't have a transcript from my foreign institution. The grades were transferred P/F to my college. A slight problem results b/c my college is on th quarter system and the foreign institution was a semester so I earned 6 Credits only taking 4 courses. Will this be a problem for AACOMAS?

The bastards made me beg Sydney for a transcript so I think they will want one from yours as well.