1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Study-Abroad Senior Year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by BUmiken12, Aug 27, 2001.

1. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was just offered to study in Europe for a discounted price during the entire fall semester of my senior year. I would still graduate on time as I would be taking 12 upper-level bio hours and 3 upper-level elective hours. I was wondering if I should do it...God-willing I get some interviews, I'd hate to miss them because I chose to study-abroad. So I guess my question is whether or not I should do it. Thanks in advance....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MDstress

MDstress Junior Member

i'm also studying abroad the fall semester of my senior year and will graduate on time. i leave on sept 25, so i have about 12 days to finish up all of my secondaries. i am applying to 22 schools and think that it should work out. i called about 25 medical schools back in june and most seemed to be fine with it. the way i look at is that you only live once, and once in med school such an opportunity will be hard to come by. what i'm doing is sending the schools a letter with my secondary explaining my situation and that i will not be available to interview untill jan. hope this helps.

4. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm going abroad for spring '02, and all medical schools except UCI said they would accomadate interviews before I leave if I get my stuff in reasonably early. I think adcoms are flexible for this kinda stuff.

5. leorl

Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO GO ABROAD, DO IT! IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE. Actually, a semester isn't enough. You have to go for a year but if you can't, a semester will have to do. No kidding, it'll be the greatest thing you ever do in your life :)

6. BUmiken12

BUmiken12 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, I went abroad in Spain for the summer, and I absolutely loved every second of it. Now I have the chance to go to Maastrict, and I'm wondering to pass it up. Thanks for all the help...