Study-Abroad Senior Year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just offered to study in Europe for a discounted price during the entire fall semester of my senior year. I would still graduate on time as I would be taking 12 upper-level bio hours and 3 upper-level elective hours. I was wondering if I should do it...God-willing I get some interviews, I'd hate to miss them because I chose to study-abroad. So I guess my question is whether or not I should do it. Thanks in advance....

Members don't see this ad.

i'm also studying abroad the fall semester of my senior year and will graduate on time. i leave on sept 25, so i have about 12 days to finish up all of my secondaries. i am applying to 22 schools and think that it should work out. i called about 25 medical schools back in june and most seemed to be fine with it. the way i look at is that you only live once, and once in med school such an opportunity will be hard to come by. what i'm doing is sending the schools a letter with my secondary explaining my situation and that i will not be available to interview untill jan. hope this helps.

I'm going abroad for spring '02, and all medical schools except UCI said they would accomadate interviews before I leave if I get my stuff in reasonably early. I think adcoms are flexible for this kinda stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO GO ABROAD, DO IT! IT WILL BE THE BEST THING YOU'VE EVER DONE. Actually, a semester isn't enough. You have to go for a year but if you can't, a semester will have to do. No kidding, it'll be the greatest thing you ever do in your life :)

Yeah, I went abroad in Spain for the summer, and I absolutely loved every second of it. Now I have the chance to go to Maastrict, and I'm wondering to pass it up. Thanks for all the help...