Study Abroad Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dantheman2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we need to send in transcripts from study abroad programs if these courses did not contribute to our GPA but did exempt us from introductory courses in college?
Thanks,

Dan

Members don't see this ad.

regardless of the study abroad program counted or not.. you need to get a transcript from the university abroad OR the university in the U.S that hosted the study abroad program. I went to Australia via Butler University in Indiana and i got my transcript from Butler rather than my australian university.

hope this helps

this study abroad program is not sponsored or in association of any US schools. It's independent.
know what I mean; it's like an academy or seminary for higher learning in certain areas.
thanks

-dan

Members don't see this ad :)
i did a semester through CIEE, I think that is the type of program you are referring to. The thing with my program is that the transcripts don't get sent out to university until August, so that is pretty late, so I am inputting them as in progress. I talked to aadsas and I was told to submit an updated transcript from my university when my ciee grades are in. but since my uni doesn't factor in the grades and they just show up as "credit" they have to send in my ciee transcript which I believe will be on a 0-10 point scale instead of ABC scale... I have the feeling that schools are not going to go through the trouble of recalculating the GPA. I think calling the schools is a good idea... but for the most part I don't think it will factor into the GPA. :thumbup:

Do we need to send in transcripts from study abroad programs if these courses did not contribute to our GPA but did exempt us from introductory courses in college?
Thanks,

Dan

even though it's independent, and doesn't go towards your gpa, it's beneficially to send them in anyway, especially if you did well. if you did well, you could use it as support that even when you're out of your comfort zone, you do well and excel. it came up a lot in my interviews, and i think it made a difference in my application, so i'd def encourage you to send them in.