Study Abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vivace801

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if pharmacy schools accept courses taken at foreign universities? I know that med schools require them to be taken at American or Canadian schools, but does the same go for pharmacy schools? Does this apply if I take prereqs (like Physics II)?

I'm just wondering because I'm a French/pre-pharm major who wants to spend the 2nd semester of junior year abroad.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if pharmacy schools accept courses taken at foreign universities? I know that med schools require them to be taken at American or Canadian schools, but does the same go for pharmacy schools? Does this apply if I take prereqs (like Physics II)?

I'm just wondering because I'm a French/pre-pharm major who wants to spend the 2nd semester of junior year abroad.

Depends on the school. The ones we applied to accepted some courses but not others (depending on their age, and also all English prereqs had to be retaken in the US). There is a bias against foreign grades because PharmCAS e-application system does not translate foreign grades into GPAs-- only courses taken in the US, and many schools put an emphasis on courses taken here. Also, in addition to jumping through these extra hoops, you have to pay quite a lot of money to get your foreign transcripts evaluated by a company that produces certified translated transcripts. Plus, you need letters of recommendations (in English) so the administrative work is quite daunting.