May 31, 2019
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey all! Current M1 who just started winter break looking for some advice. So far we've finished anatomy and a combined class that covered mostly biochem/basic physio/immuno/basic path and some pharm as well.

Now that I have some free time, I was hoping to start using AnKing and other resources in preparation for step 1 and COMLEX. Does anybody have any recommendations as to how I should approach studying over break? Should I start watching videos and unsuspending cards based on what we learned in order or is there a better way I could approach this? I also have BnB/Sketchy/Pathoma to use. We start with systems in the spring for our curriculum.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

EmilKraepelin55

Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy?
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
MS3 here. Personally, I didn’t do anything during that time. You should pace yourself a bit. I know for some of us the first semester is exciting, but it gets to be a grind I assure you. Take a real break and hit it next semester. Year 2, you can really start thinking about boards review.

About the Ads

Prehealth1011

5+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think sketchy micro and zanki pathoma section is the most "bang for your buck" so to speak for Anki. I wasn't a fan of Sketchy Pharm but I know many people are. IMO Pharm is easier learned when you have more context during M2 vs Micro which is a lot of random bits of information you just have to drill into your head. COMLEX I very micro heavy when I took it, almost to a point that I think I could've passed if I only knew micro + omm. Path in general was high yield for my step 1. My 2 cents from an average test taker.

Apr 18, 2019
Southeast
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Starting AnKing now is late. Those who benefit from AnKing in it's entirety start it summer after M1.

Better off doing specific decks for micro and pharm and getting thru BnB vids with Rx/UW questions each day.

Nov 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Starting AnKing now is late. Those who benefit from AnKing in it's entirety start it summer after M1.

Better off doing specific decks for micro and pharm and getting thru BnB vids with Rx/UW questions each day.

How is starting AnKing now late when the OP is an M1?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads