Study group

Started by chiko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chiko

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All,
Anybody interested in starting a study group.I'd love to join.🙂
 
study groups are a waste of time, you never actually study.. you will end up talking about gossip and other bs. Dont waste your time with a study group
 
study groups are a waste of time, you never actually study.. you will end up talking about gossip and other bs. Dont waste your time with a study group

I guess you haven't had many good experiences with study groups.🙂

To the original poster, I have participated in successful study groups by finding people who aren't so full of gossip but a study group. However, you have to remember that study groups won't work as well for standardized exams IMO because it's tough to coach others when you don't know what to expect either. On a school exam, everyone in a study group often has some idea of the content on the exam. On the PCAT, it's really tough to study and/or analogies and sentence completions.

I think study groups can work for the science sections if you have forgotten some of your material and need a refresher. Yet, I think you would have to get away from remembering material as if it would show up in the same way as it did during your school exams because the PCAT will ask questions in a more indirect and different manner.