Study Guide/outline for OAT

OrangeRoost

What the Cluck?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm asking this for my sister who is considering Optometry school. What study guide/outline did you follow when studying for the OAT? Feel free to post book suggestions, but I would truly appreciate if you post your outline here. I'm sorry if something like this is asked a lot, but I am not familiar with this thread or test. Thanks a bunch in advance and good luck with your studies!

Members don't see this ad.

I think Kaplan review notes (big blue book) and OAT Destroyer are the two most commonly used study materials. The Kaplan Review Notes itself is a good outline and Destroyer has many practice problems with great explanations.

I think Kaplan review notes (big blue book) and OAT Destroyer are the two most commonly used study materials. The Kaplan Review Notes itself is a good outline and Destroyer has many practice problems with great explanations.

About the Kaplan Review Notes...
Are the Review notes for OAT the same or very similar to the ones for MCAT?
I have a set of review nots for MCAT from Kaplan, but i'm not sure if I should get the OAT notes separately.

Advise please!!!! Thank you very much!!!

Hi Everyone,
I have a Kaplan OAT study guide (copyright 2005) that I don't need anymore. I'll happily ship it anywhere in the US for free. I'll send it to the first person who e-mails me at [email protected] with their mailing address. Good luck studying and good luck with your future careers as optometrists!

Members don't see this ad :)