Study habits/tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

famuclo2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't quite know what's happening to my attention span but I've been having a hard time studying. I have done exceptionally well up until this point and will be on rotations in 3 months. For some reason I am distracted. My old study habits aren't working for me this semester. For example, I've attempted to read my immunology textbook several times this week and I can't seem to retain anything I read. I've hit a slump! Any advise, PLEASE:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

try taking 1 gel of fish oil and 2-3 capsules of gingko biloba everyday.
i'm feeling smarter by the day.

do you jump around alot or do rough exercise? If so, it is bad for your brain. Just do some running.

If not, go to your doctor and get a prescription for Adderall.:thumbup:

try taking 1 gel of fish oil and 2-3 capsules of gingko biloba everyday.
i'm feeling smarter by the day.

do you jump around alot or do rough exercise? If so, it is bad for your brain. Just do some running.

If not, go to your doctor and get a prescription for .:thumbup:

You should really change your handle to smartguy :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Bored by immunology, maybe? Try outlining the info in the book into your own words as you read it. If that doesn't work, make it all about keeping your handwriting as neat as you can while you do it. Read the book out loud. Make up silly mnemonics. Give your brain a way to engage the material.

I don't quite know what's happening to my attention span but I've been having a hard time studying. I have done exceptionally well up until this point and will be on rotations in 3 months. For some reason I am distracted. My old study habits aren't working for me this semester. For example, I've attempted to read my immunology textbook several times this week and I can't seem to retain anything I read. I've hit a slump! Any advise, PLEASE:confused:

I can feel your pain...we start rotations at the end of Feb and I feel myself slipping. We don't have many exams this quarter so it is sooooo hard to get back in to study mode when the time comes. I am dreading finals week...

Ingest tons of coffee. Makes me study like I'm on crack.:scared:

Thank you guys for your advise. I am really going to try the ginko and fish oil. Happy Studying!

studying is overrated....;)