Study Material for Bio Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anthroboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was wondering with all the abundance of study materials, which ones should I focus on for the Biology section.

The main ones I came across have been Cliff's Bio, Feralis, Bootcamp and Dynamite Bio.

I am going to take 8 weeks to study for the DAT, should I use all 4 sources ( Read the same chapter from all sources in 2 days) or stick to the typical Cliffs and Feralis combo I noticed from the breakdowns?

Members don't see this ad.

Using all 4 would be extremely time consuming, so I wouldn't recommend that. Since I'm biased, I'd suggest taking a look at all of them and going with the one that has the style you find most helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
I read Cliff's over and over until I had a firm understanding of each of the chapters to get the big picture, I then used Feralis' notes to fill in on the details and read it religiously every single day. Focusing on the chapters I struggled with retaining the most. I then used Qvault to help hone my bio test taking skills, and did a few DAT Bootcamp bio tests. Although, Bootcamp test questions were way more detailed and the answers were way more specific than the official. So it's good learning tool, but not a great representation of the actual test questions.
I was able to get a 27 in Bio with just Cliffs and Feralis, so that's what worked for me. With your time constraint, I'd also recommend just picking two.

Reactions: 1 users
For biology, I recommend you choose a couple resources for content review and then a couple for practice questions. Sometimes using too many materials can be overwhelming and cause you to be less productive. Still, make sure you get sufficient content review and then complete practice problems to assess your knowledge. Good luck studying!

Reactions: 1 user