study material for comlex and step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cateyezz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

so I want to start studying for step II and was wondering what material to use for step II /comlex? I didnt do well on comlex I and backed out of step I after seeing my comlex score so i really need to rock step II. What materials and q banks would be good?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone

so I want to start studying for step II and was wondering what material to use for step II /comlex? I didnt do well on comlex I and backed out of step I after seeing my comlex score so i really need to rock step II. What materials and q banks would be good?

Thanks!

OveractiveBrain said:
Step 2 FA or Step Up Step 2

and

UWorld

Get you a 230

If you want a higher score, do more reading. You do not sound like a high performer that would benefit from augmentation programs (Kaplan is out). So, the "other book" comes in 3 options (formerly 2). Master the Boards is becoming increasingly popular, so I've included it in this list, though I myself did no like MTB.

1. First Aid = Step up = Master the Boards
2. Secrets
3. Crush

Secrets is a great way to supplement your primary reading. You can take it with you on the wards, on a train, to a coffee shop, wherever. Its extra.

Crush sucks. You can use it as a weekend review to refresh yourself. But thats it. It reminds you of topics you have to learn but wont get you points.

First Aid was my choice. Whichever of "1" you pick, you could always do another from "1" if Secrets isn't your bag of tricks.

Kaplan is thorough. It is for augmentation of solid students or for IMGs who have a lot of time to dedicate to studying. I do not recommend it to someone who struggled with Comlex or Step I.

Usmleworld > Kaplan. Questions are more like the real deal. Interface is closer to real deal. Explanations are plenty good. Not as redudant as they were for Step 1. Use only one qbank.