sharg

10+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just starting to think about Step II. Having some questions on what study material to use since there is so much out there and I tend to buy it alll and use only a few. Right now I am looking at using Crush II, First Aid step II and Boards and Wards. For questions I am going to use USMLE world. Has anyone bought the Kaplan books and found it useful? Thanks.

Suprahelical

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2003
Status (Visible)
I was told by many that Crush was great, but I found the reading much easier in using Secrets. I used 3 main sources, secrets, First Aid, and B&W. You would be surprised how easily they overlap in many areas. That being said, I would start off with Secrets (the easiest of the 3 IMO), read a section in there, then read that section in First Aid, and then Finish up with B&W's (the most detailed). By the time I got to B&W, I knew my stuff, but it added in a few other details or misc. diseases that the other two may have left out. Do this and all of USMLE WORLD (I actually made a word document of the questions I missed in a bullet type format, culminating in a 30+ page document which I would review occassionally), and you'll do great... I am NOT a great test taker and scored 247/99 with 3 weeks of studying.

M

manning18

The Kaplan books are good, but they're quite lengthy, so other sources are more efficient. I also used FA and thought it was an excellent source. I preferred QBank over UW, though most prefer UW. You may want to consider adding Deja review to your list. Good luck!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.