Study Material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tahirah15

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone recommend any particular study material for obstetrics and gynecology? I’ll be starting that clinical rotation very soon and wanted something outside of my typical textbook to study from; Basically something that would prepare me to be an obstetrician gynecologist because this is a field that I want to go into in the future so the more I know now as a student better.

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

My preceptor gave me a reference list at the beginning of the rotation.

He recommends:
- Signing up for the ACOG and paying close attention to the practice bulletins and committee opinions
- William’s Gynecology
- Gabbe Obstetrics
- Clinical Gynecological Endocrinology and Infertility ch 12 (anovulation and PCOS) and ch 28 (recurrent pregnancy loss)
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease ch 22 (female genital tract) and ch 23 (the breast)
- Blueprints for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Comprehensive Handbook Obstetrics and Gynecology by Thomas Zheng for a pocket reference
- Atlas to pelvic surgery, which is apparently an online resource for gynecologic surgery

For the record, I haven’t looked at any of them except for the practice bulletins.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot! I will look into some of these. Definitely aware of ACOG and I appreciate all of these sources!