1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

study materials for bio?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by tms86, Aug 10, 2011.

1. tms86

Pre-Dental
    I already took the DAT beginning of july, retaking it beginning of october. what are some good sources for studying for biology? i used kaplan, APcliffs and DAT q-vault. I guess i have to study it more intensely but anything else that could be useful?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nboogie

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    I think bio is the hardest section of the DAT. I found that making flashcards with Anki helped me out a lot. I had about 960. Destroyer is pretty good for fine details. Kaplan is good for the basic concepts.

4. rccostner

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    DAT Destroyer is pretty helpful and I used Thinkwell's biology videos and Kaplan's book.

5. Clancyp

Pre-Dental
    Alan's Notes + Destroyer + Cliffs + DatQVault + Barrons + KBB = 19+

...if you UNDERSTAND everything in each source. I don't mean memorize, the test is so conceptual that the best you can do is see as much information possible written by a number of different authors. Half of this section is knowing what is being asked, if you understand the concepts and a few details, it is easy to eliminate incorrect and identify correct answers, the questions for the most part are not complex or detailed.

6. annie12

Pre-Dental
    schaum's outlines are really good. I didn't hit it as hard as I wanted, but when I retake I'm definitely going to use it to it's fullest. In addition to KBB and destroyer, of course.

7. tms86

Pre-Dental
    thanks everyone for responding.. i heard schaum outline was good too-what edition specifically? there are a lot of options on the website-and around how much is it?

8. tms86

Pre-Dental
    and how can I download alans notes? is there a site-let me know!

thanks again!

9. Clancyp

Pre-Dental