study materials for bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tms86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already took the DAT beginning of july, retaking it beginning of october. what are some good sources for studying for biology? i used kaplan, APcliffs and DAT q-vault. I guess i have to study it more intensely but anything else that could be useful?

Members don't see this ad.

I think bio is the hardest section of the DAT. I found that making flashcards with Anki helped me out a lot. I had about 960. Destroyer is pretty good for fine details. Kaplan is good for the basic concepts.

Alan's Notes + Destroyer + Cliffs + DatQVault + Barrons + KBB = 19+

...if you UNDERSTAND everything in each source. I don't mean memorize, the test is so conceptual that the best you can do is see as much information possible written by a number of different authors. Half of this section is knowing what is being asked, if you understand the concepts and a few details, it is easy to eliminate incorrect and identify correct answers, the questions for the most part are not complex or detailed.

Members don't see this ad :)
schaum's outlines are really good. I didn't hit it as hard as I wanted, but when I retake I'm definitely going to use it to it's fullest. In addition to KBB and destroyer, of course.

thanks everyone for responding.. i heard schaum outline was good too-what edition specifically? there are a lot of options on the website-and around how much is it?