Study Materials For DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lianalily

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to sdn, and I am taking my DAT in August. Im gathering a list of materials, but Im not sure how to start studying. Do you guys think this is overkill? Also does anyone recommend any study tips, or a good schedule to follow? Thank you

Biology:

1.Cliffs Ap Biology 3rd ed

2. Barrons Ap bio 3rd edition total : $16 for three

3. Ferralis notes Free

4. Sumana’s bio videos Free

5. Schaum's Bio Outline

6. Qvault & destroyer/ bootcamp

7. Chads videos : everything is $115

8. Craig Savage's channel. Free

9. Crash Course Biology on Youtube Free

Chemistry & Organic Chemistry:

1.Chads videos

2. DAT Destroyer

3. Bootcamp

Quantitative Reasoning:

1.DAT Math Destroyer Total : $217

2. Bootcamp

PAT:

1. Crack DAT PAT $99

2. Bootcamp

Reading Comprehension:

1. Bootcamp $97

2. Crack DAT Reading $69

Members don't see this ad.

save yourself the $100 and don't get CDP. Not necessary once you get bootcamp. Some people do like to get it for extra practice, but IMO, if you can master bootcamp, you'll easily get 20+ on the real thing. Their explanations and pictures are incredibly helpful.

Everything else is on point. Chad's quizzes and bootcamp will suffice for both GC and OC. But then again this just depends on how comfortable you feel with chemistry. The real thing was much more on the level of Chad's quizzes and Bootcamp's Question of the Day.

There's a free PDF of cliffs 3rd Ed. somewhere on this forum. Just do a search. Will save you some extra $$$ !

Also, be careful not to burn yourself out! Read my breakdown for some tips and my mistakes. I purposely pointed them out so that others wouldn't commit the same errors that I did.

Last edited:
Try everything you think is good for study, my advice - written materials are the best. You could use them anytime you want.
Plus you should start right now :) August is not so far..Good luck!

Use Destroyer, Schaums and Feralis to study. These materials will prepare you well. If you really need some praftice tests, later on you can get some CrackDAT to practice. If you master that, you should do fine.