Step III Study materials for Step 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eye_in_the_sky

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Strong Medicine enough for review of all subjects for Step 3? I read in a couple of discussion threads that SM has a bunch of mistakes.

Which question banks are high yield - how is USMLE world Step 3 fare?

In summary - which review books and question bank one needs to follow to clear the Step 3 comfortably in 2 months time?

Any helpful suggestions please?
 
eye_in_the_sky said:
Is Strong Medicine enough for review of all subjects for Step 3? I read in a couple of discussion threads that SM has a bunch of mistakes.

Which question banks are high yield - how is USMLE world Step 3 fare?

In summary - which review books and question bank one needs to follow to clear the Step 3 comfortably in 2 months time?

Any helpful suggestions please?


Besides, Kaplan Step 2 and 3 Notes, For Step 3 Questions, USMLEworld rocks again !! Not only the Questions, but also the CCS - practice the whole Bank along with CCS for a month ...

Swanson's Family Practice Book is very good for areas like Geriatrics and Ethics - which Kaplan NOtes do not cover very well...

Crush for Step 3 is not all that complete...though may be good for rapid revision

g/l
 
For Step 3, I liked the following:

MCQs - I used mainly Crush Step 3 and read through more detailed stuff like Harrisons for DM, HTN, MI more high yield stuff. For questions, I used Kaplan qbank which was ok. Maybe USMLEWorld qbank is better most say.

For CCS - The CCS mini-cases in First Aid for Step 3 are pretty good and quick to read. I used someone's printouts of UW CCS cases which are good also especially when they are free. The CCS cases on usmlesteps123.com were very good for practicing but the software was a little annoying.