Study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abowlan1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...

So I need a bit of guidance as far as studying for the DAT. I take my exam in about 7 weeks and I would like to be studying from the best materials possible. I currently have the 7th edition of Kaplan and an old Baron's book. I was looking into TopScore... are they just practice exams? Are there any other study materials that you really felt were extremely useful? What does anyone know about DAT Destroyer?

I wanted to take the Kaplan course so I could have some structure for studying but frankly I do not want to spen $1000+ on the course.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Look through some of the breakdowns which will give you some idea what people use...a lot of it depends on your current background as well...most usual combination people use is

Biology - KBB + cliff AP bio (or barron)
GC and OC - Chad's videos and destroyer, KBB
QR - KBB (you should get math destroyer if you wanna kill it)
PAT - CDP, KBB
RC - just practice reading a lot i guess, i can't really help you on this one lol

Topscore is a good idea it's 3 full length practice exams..people say they are really close to the actual DAT in terms of difficulty..so it can help you estimate how you'll do....do lots and lots of practice problems

A good place to start I think - http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=719365