Study Methods

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apicalforamen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do most dental students use for note taking purposes...tablet, laptop, pen and paper?

Members don't see this ad.

Most students in my class use laptops (most are Mac's). There are a few students who use tablets (Surface Pro). I, myself, have an iPad with a stylus. I plan on including a bluetooth keyboard for the next year to make note taking faster.

I don't see too many people using a pen and paper (probably a couple students).

Most students in my class use laptops (most are Mac's). There are a few students who use tablets (Surface Pro). I, myself, have an iPad with a stylus. I plan on including a bluetooth keyboard for the next year to make note taking faster.

I don't see too many people using a pen and paper (probably a couple students).

Do you think surface pro is really helpful or should I just stick with my MacBook?

Do you think surface pro is really helpful or should I just stick with my MacBook?
Depends on your style of note taking. I don't like how typing notes requires them to be structured. I like writing notes because I can quickly draw arrows, highlights, circles, etc. So for me, I highly prefer the use of a tablet over a laptop. However, most of the students in my class use laptops and they're doing fine.