Study Music

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YoungGregory

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kind of music do you guys listen to when you study? I usually listen to slower rap/RnB and some motown..

Right now Kirko Bangz - Drank in my cup has been getting alot of plays during my study time

Members don't see this ad.

What kind of music do you guys listen to when you study? I usually listen to slower rap/RnB and some motown..

Right now Kirko Bangz - Drank in my cup has been getting alot of plays during my study time

That Kirko Bangz song is the truth bruh. Actually has a lot of game in it.

I study to Digable Planets, that type of mellow, true old school hip hop, or old school 50's-70's Soul. Even the NeoSoul artists like D'Angelo flow through my speakers.

nothing that will make me dance - so no hiphop/r&b/rap. i prefer to stream classical/jazz or acid jazz internet radio stations. presently listening to the secret agent station.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can study with music in the background? Lucky you.

You can study with music in the background? Lucky you.
That's what I was thinking! I'm not able to really focus with music in the background, but if I do need to play something to drown out other noises, it's probably going to be something mellow that I won't have the urge to groove to.

It depends on the subject but if I put something on it's going to be classical, jazz, or anything instrumental played at a fairly low level. When I was in undergrad I tried studying with loud thumping music and in retrospect I regret it. It didn't help that I wasn't focused to begin with.

Music WHILE I'm studying has to be pretty chill.

Last edited:
Anything from Tyler the creator to Frank Ocean to Frank Sinatra

If I'm just working out problems from chem, physics, or orgo then Alicia Keys station on Pandora.... anything that requires extensive reading like verbal or bio- then absolute quiet.

I used to study with rap/hip-hop music playing but I found that to be distracting. Now my permanent study music is the Yiruma station on Pandora. It's instrumental music (mainly piano).

I usually just make a list of all my favorite songs at the time and go to youtube and listen to the instrumentals. That helps me focus a lot. Especially on those days when I don't want to sit still.

Pandora- Relaxation Station lol or Gospel

I jam to Bach.
Classical music helps me calm down