Study plan? anyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Narcos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about about 15 months out and trying to develop a plan for studying. I plan on doing light Zanki decks and reviewing Sketchy MICRO over there summer break. I am almost done with my first year.

I have:
First Aid
Pathoma
Robbins
Goljan Audiobooks
Anki
Sketchy
-Path
-Pharm
-Micro

Can someone help me develop a schedule even if its general. Anything will help even just knowing when undedicated/dedicated studying should be...

I'm open to many different plans as well

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

This is my general approach and some goals to work on starting one year out. Best of luck!

12 months - 6 months Before Step 1 Minimum Goals:
  • First Aid 10 pages / day (Finish the book's roughly 700 pages in 2.5 months). Get all the highlighting / underlining out of the way.
  • Anki cards 100 / day. (Zanki has roughly 20K cards so if you want to finish, 100 / day will get you there in 6 months).
  • After First Aid switch to Pathoma vids and book.
  • Sketchy Micro 1 video / day. (Finish in <4 months).
6 months - 2 months Before Step 1 Minimum Goals:
  • Purchase UWorld and aim for 25 questions per day. (This allows you to finish UWorlds 2800 questions in under 4 months). Annotate First Aid if you have the time.
  • First Aid 10 pages / day.
  • Anki cards 100 / day.
2 month Before Step 1 / Dedicated Study Time:
  • Repeat missed UWorld questions 50 / day. Quick review, do not annotate FA during this period.
  • First aid 25 pages / day (Finish FA in under 1 month).
  • Anki cards 100 / day.
  • Optional / Extra Time: Repeat Pathoma and / or repeat Sketchy Micro 2 videos / day.

You will notice that these are suggested minimum study plans for USMLE Step 1. I realize that people have other responsibilities and other medical school classes that require your attention as well but I believe these are very doable plans. Following this plan you will have completed the following:
  • Read First Aid 5 times through
  • Completed all of UWorld
  • Reviewed all 20K Zanki cards approximately twice through
  • Completed pathoma 1-2 times
  • Completed Sketchy Micro 1-2 times

Reactions: 1 users