Step I Study plan/Matching query.

Started by DrPalK
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrPalK

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here goes.
I graduated 6 months ago.
1) I plan on giving step 1 in Feb 2020.
I want to be done with whatever I need to be done in order to start my residency for sure in 2021.
Someone just me told I can start applying with just my step 1 and CS results and that the deadline for that is mid September. And that I can give CK even in the Jan of 2021 (the year I plan on starting work).
Now my question is, is that correct?

2) I have oncology in mind (surgery would be dream come true but other than that any specialty would be ok except radiation oncology). What score should I aim for keeping that goal in mind? Are 5 months enough of a prep time? My sources are UWorld, First Aid 2019, Sketchy micro and Pathoma, are they enough or do I HAVE TO add kaplan/bnb in the list as an IMG to score good enough.

Thanks for reading through and responding. Have a good day!!