study plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zriceman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys let me know if this is a good study plan:
1. Kaplan Blue book supplemented with Schaums Bio for plants, photosynthesis, classfication, evolution). Then take all the practice exams in the Blue Book.

2. Go through Achiever

3. Finally go through Destroyer.

OR

Should i dish out $1k and take the Kaplan online course w/ their abundance of practice exams and then go through destroyer.

I plan to start Winter Break and extend studying to end of spring semester with only ~13 credits.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys let me know if this is a good study plan:
1. Kaplan Blue book supplemented with Schaums Bio for plants, photosynthesis, classfication, evolution). Then take all the practice exams in the Blue Book.

2. Go through Achiever

3. Finally go through Destroyer.

OR

Should i dish out $1k and take the Kaplan online course w/ their abundance of practice exams and then go through destroyer.

I plan to start Winter Break and extend studying to end of spring semester with only ~13 credits.

Any thoughts?

I would do Plan A. Kaplan course is not worth it, IMHO. Ask around EVERYONE you know if they have the Kaplan Subject tests. They are .pdf format so its very easy to get them from somebody that has taken the course. Those are very good. But not worth 1000.

And also, I would go through Destroyer before Achiever. I'd highly recommend that.

Learn the concepts before you practice getting your timing down.

Also, I thought ecology and photosynthesis was just so-so in Schaums. I'd recommend another book for those topics.

As a matter of fact, it would be WELL worth it to read Cliff's AP Bio. Buy it used off amazon. Supplement that with Schaum's for stuff that you are not clear on. But read Cliff's first. Schuam's is organized terribly and will confuse you if you're not well versed on the topics to begin with.

Also, if for more PAT practice, consider CrackPAT. Honestly, I got the 10 tests and only made it through 5, that's something to consider. If you don't need the practice, then don't worry about it.

But with this combo you will be well under 1200 bucks for Kaplan and I think you will be more prepared.

thanks for the tips! I personally dont know any friends who have taken the dat course. Is it possible for me to get the Kaplan subject tests over SDN?