TerpMD

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
UMD 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Any study plans for step II floating around out there? I work best with structure and it always helps to have an example or two... Thanks!

yohimbine1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Taking August off, Step 2 scheduled for early September.

Books: Crush Step 2, Deja Review, First Aid Step 2 (probably will not use as Crush look better)
Qbank: likely USMLE World
Routine: I'm thinking a month straight of 8-10 hours a day ideally. Roughly divvied equally between books and questions.

Scored 230s Step 1, hoping to go 250 at least on Step 2 to make myself more competitive

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Where the grass is always greener
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, I'm curious as well.

Do people do as well as they do just off Crush Step 2/Deja Review/UWorld? Or do they mainly read the txtbooks and then later study board books? I dont know how to study for standardized exams apparently so any advice will be helpful!

yohimbine1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
Textbooks, no that's for the months and years ahead of standardized tests. By the time you've reached a month or two before the test you should be on to review books and qbanks

OP
T

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2007
UMD 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I plan to use UW but I might get a second Qbank... that seemed to help me for Step 1. I'm more of a question person than a book person. But no textbooks, only review books. I think I'll use Step Up Medicine and FA.... again, nothing set in stone. I'm not taking it until Dec.

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Textbooks, no that's for the months and years ahead of standardized tests. By the time you've reached a month or two before the test you should be on to review books and qbanks
If you read ... I did ask if people mainly use txtbooks and then later use review books for board prep ... please pay attention.

yohimbine1

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
my bad, touche, i knew something was amiss as it sounded like a preallo q as i interpreted it

Doctor4Life1769

**tr0llin, ridin dirty**
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
any real help from the pros?!