Study Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TerpMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any study plans for step II floating around out there? I work best with structure and it always helps to have an example or two... Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Taking August off, Step 2 scheduled for early September.

Books: Crush Step 2, Deja Review, First Aid Step 2 (probably will not use as Crush look better)
Qbank: likely USMLE World
Routine: I'm thinking a month straight of 8-10 hours a day ideally. Roughly divvied equally between books and questions.

Scored 230s Step 1, hoping to go 250 at least on Step 2 to make myself more competitive

Yeah, I'm curious as well.

Do people do as well as they do just off Crush Step 2/Deja Review/UWorld? Or do they mainly read the txtbooks and then later study board books? I dont know how to study for standardized exams apparently so any advice will be helpful!

Textbooks, no that's for the months and years ahead of standardized tests. By the time you've reached a month or two before the test you should be on to review books and qbanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan to use UW but I might get a second Qbank... that seemed to help me for Step 1. I'm more of a question person than a book person. But no textbooks, only review books. I think I'll use Step Up Medicine and FA.... again, nothing set in stone. I'm not taking it until Dec.

Textbooks, no that's for the months and years ahead of standardized tests. By the time you've reached a month or two before the test you should be on to review books and qbanks

If you read ... I did ask if people mainly use txtbooks and then later use review books for board prep ... please pay attention.

my bad, touche, i knew something was amiss as it sounded like a preallo q as i interpreted it