USMLE Study Schedule/Resources for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjjdm1985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently signed up to take Step 1 on June 12, 2014. I have come up with a study schedule, but would really like to know if there is anything I can do to improve it. Here is what I am planning:

I signed up for Cramfighter to help me stick to a schedule. I am dividing the time between now and my exam date into 3 blocks: block 1 = now through March 9 (beginning of Spring Break), March 10 through May 5 (end of spring classes), and May 6 through June 4 (leaving one week before my exam open for content review).

Block 1 goals:
--One pass through First Aid
--One pass through Goljan Rapid Review of Pathology
--One pass through Lange Pharm Cards
--One pass through micro flash cards (personal flash cards I made during our micro class)
--1000 total COMBANK Questions (I go to a D.O. school and this is provided, but I would consider paying for Kaplan QBank if it is worth it. Thoughts?)

Block 2 goals:
--2nd pass through First Aid
--2nd pass through Goljan (prn)
--2nd pass through Lange Pharm Cards
--2nd pass through micro flash cards
--As many UWorld Questions as possible
--Take a practice USMLE exam on May 5 (last day of block)

Block 3 goals:
--3rd pass through First Aid
--As many UWorld questions as possible
--Do at least 1 practice exam per week
--Review micro/pharm cards prn

--Then 1 week at the end to review weak areas

I realize this may be TLDR, but I would really appreciate input! I would like to be certain I am not starting down a bad path from the beginning.

Also, one last question I have regards Goljan vs Pathoma. Is one better than the other for Step 1? For those of you that used Goljan, did it correspond well to First Aid (don't know this yet because it's in the mail) and did you consolidate info from Goljan into First Aid during your first pass through First Aid? I feel like that would make successive passes easier.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.