Study time question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmapcpro

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

2/1 Hours seems way too much for me, but when test time comes I guess I make up for the lost hours. I say do what you need to do to feel confident and thats it.

Depends on the class and your familiarity with the material..

Some classes such as Gross Anatomy for example most people will have to put in LOTS of extra time to get a decent grade.

Some people have previous exposure to stuff like biochem in undergrad so when taking biochem in dental school one can just whip right through it.

So the answer, as usual, is IT DEPENDS! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Some are genius and they pick up so much in the class that
where little study can get them great grades.

Some work their xxx-off and get great grades.

Some work more than most and get great grades.

Some work a lot and still can't get a B.

It all depends on individual.
I think as long as you feel that you honestly have put
enough work then you will be all right! Just try harder...
Its not how many hours, its how much you understand.
All the best friend!

I usually study 2 hours a nite, taking 18 creds, about to apply yo dental school next year with a 3.8 GPA and good DAT hopefully. Studying for me is fun...I guess Im weird...heh

This may surprise most of you but there is also another category to Vishal's list.

Some slack off and get poor grades.

For the record, this is not me but I do know of a number of classmates who are quite happy to spend as much time having fun as possible and then study just enough to get C's. They have no intention of specializing and see no reason to learn the BS that they make us learn in school. Some times I wish I could join this group but my personal drive for excellence doesn't let me.

The quality of your undergrad, and your subsequent retention of what you learned, can play a <em>huge</em> role in the amount of studying you have to do. Case in point, I generally don't study at all except for an hour or two the two or three nights leading up to tests. My didactic grades are quite good...which is fortunate, given the quality of my lab work thus far.

I'm assuming that this thread is in relation to undergrad.

I say that because the 2 hr/one hour class theory often just won't stand up in dental school. There isn't enough time in some curriculums.

As a sidenote, the secret to dental school is wading through the information and learning exactly what to study. I've gotten much better at this and am now down to studying about 6-7 hours a week for dental school.

So far, so good.