Study Timeline Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sleepyincan

DW_Forthefuture
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I plan to apply for the 2020 cycle. I am currently a Junior in undergraduate at USF.

I aim to take study for the DAT from May-July and the DAT exam the first week of August and then send in my application.

Questions:
Is this enough time? (90 days on and off so about 75 total...)
I’ll be taking Genetics during this time which is a daily class for 1 hr 15min plus lab. I’m not thinking it should be difficult but is taking a class and studying strictly for DAT smart?
**I have in mind 3 study materials I want to use: Destroyer for Math, PAT booster, Bootcamp + free resources (PDF’s)***
**I’ll be done will ALL science classes/prereqs, currently in Orgo 2**

My goal is a 22-23 AA.

Any comment is good and useful, thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad.

Looks good. Start your application as early as possible in June. That way everything will be complete and your schools will just be waiting on your dat scores in August.

You should have your application to all your schools minus your dat scores in June.

As much as a lot of us would like to be able to fully answer your question, it really depends on your comfort level with the information. If you're currently in or finishing up the classes and topics covered on the exam, the information will be fresh in your mind which will work to your benefit. You may have to spend less time reviewing than another person who has been out of college for a while.

I personally studied lightly in this upcoming semester (and part of the semester previous), and then studied a ton for three weeks after finals. That got me good scores, and I used almost exclusively the Destroyer Materials + PATBooster.

I suggest reading around recent breakdowns on SDN to get a feel for how people studied for the DAT (2017 latest I would probably say). You can find mine at this link here, in case you think it may be useful.

Wishing you the best of luck! Feel free to ask any more questions.