• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Study tips for basic sciences

markglt

15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Does anybody have any input on how to increase stamina? Is it really 8 hrs in class, 6hrs study. How long should one be able to study out side of the classroom without a break , 3-4 hrs?
    Thanks

-Mark USE SOM MS1, May2004

-Anybody heading down to statia for may?:cool:

neilc

1K Member
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jun 1, 2001
    sunny CA
      i managed by cutting out useless lectures, and i got in the habit of reading everyday...i tried to always have a book open near me, so even when i watched tv i could read a bit when i got bored. it worked surprisingly well, and it didn't feel like i was spending that much time working.

also, i gave myself from friday after school to sunday morning free almost every week.

in my experience, if you work a bit every day, it is easy. class for a few hours, study a few hours, nothing to terrible. it is when you get behind that you have to do the ridiculous 20 study sessions. so, moral of the story is: don't get behind

good luck

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.