Study tips for prepharm PLEASE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamwhatichoosetobecome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't do so well in gen chem 1 & 2, but I am moving on to organic this fall and would love any advice to do great in it! My study habits obviously weren't that good my freshman year of college, someone please tell me how they obtained an increase in grades so when I apply to pharm school they can see I got my s*** together and wanted this.

Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

For organic chemistry, its all about understand the mechanisms instead of memorizing. Make sure you understand the course material. You should try going to the TA's, the professor, or if your school offers it, supplemental instruction (SI leaders). You can also try watching youtube videos. Try to study a couple hours everyday if you want to get a good grade in Orgo :).

For Orgo, practice practice practice!!! That's the best way to learn the reactions-through practice using them. This will help especially in synthesis. I've also heard that the book "organic chemistry as a second language" is good.