1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Study tips for Step 2 CK

Discussion in 'Step II' started by leviathan, Jul 22, 2011.

1. leviathan

leviathan Drinking from the hydrant
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Just wondering how everyone prepared for Step II. I've found now that I'm in clerkship with very few formal didactic sessions and a lot of scutwork and long hours that leave little time for actual education, I'm worried about how much I'm really learning of what I need to know for the step. I'm sure everyone else has similar problems, so I'm wondering how you tackled this?

Call me crazy but I kinda miss the structured classroom environment of basic sciences, as then you had plenty of time to study. I scored very well on the step 1 by working my @$$ off but now try as I might, I just don't have the time to do that anymore.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. greg1184

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    This post is a good place to start your studies.

You can add Step 2 Secrets for high yield review.

One thing I will say is that USMLE World is by far the best tool to use for this test. I am not saying this merely because it is the consensus here; it is because it is the truth. The explanations cannot be beat. They present material in the explanations in a board-friendly way. Try to do this bank twice, versus wasting your time with another bank. Use a book to supplement UWorld. NOT the other way around.

4. totallygone

totallygone New Member
    7+ Year Member

Dont forget Mater the boards Step 2CK:D