Study tips for Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leviathan

Drinking from the hydrant
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone prepared for Step II. I've found now that I'm in clerkship with very few formal didactic sessions and a lot of scutwork and long hours that leave little time for actual education, I'm worried about how much I'm really learning of what I need to know for the step. I'm sure everyone else has similar problems, so I'm wondering how you tackled this?

Call me crazy but I kinda miss the structured classroom environment of basic sciences, as then you had plenty of time to study. I scored very well on the step 1 by working my @$$ off but now try as I might, I just don't have the time to do that anymore.

Members don't see this ad.

This post is a good place to start your studies.

Step 2 FA or Step Up Step 2

and

UWorld

Get you a 230. If you've ALREADY done both Step FA and Step Up Step2, you're in a really good position. Now, using Uworld is all you need. I would, however, recommend dedicating a weekend to read through one of the books you've already read to refresh you, AND I would "master the material in the question" by sometimes referencing the disease in FA or SU.

You're in a good place.

You can add Step 2 Secrets for high yield review.

One thing I will say is that USMLE World is by far the best tool to use for this test. I am not saying this merely because it is the consensus here; it is because it is the truth. The explanations cannot be beat. They present material in the explanations in a board-friendly way. Try to do this bank twice, versus wasting your time with another bank. Use a book to supplement UWorld. NOT the other way around.