Studying dentistry in Egypt, looking for opportunities for my summer in the USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gabr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well this is my first post on the SDN but as i can see you're all very kind and helpful people:p:love:!

I'm a dental student in egypt, i'm going now through my third year where we take pre-clinical subjects like Operative, Removable & Fixed prosthodontics, pharmacology...etc
I always come in the summer to the states and now im thinking to take it more seriously than just a vacation. Last summer i called a couple clinics while i was staying in North Carolina and got the chance to observe in more than one clinic with different specialties.
When i thought about getting hands-on experience it was like 1 week remaining to get back to Egypt so i didnt have the chance to get familiar with how it goes.

Now i'm thinking for any position like Dental Assistant or so just to get hands-on experience, i'm trying to know what are the odds and make a plan so that when i get back in the summer i know what to do and waste no time.

So please if you can tell me how can i get any hands-on experience and i mean any hands-on experience like anything to do around in the clinic, just any position . I always question is it even possible?:confused: or do i have to get some certifications or whatever.:idea::idea:
Please if anyone has gone through this whole thing or know anything that could be helpful i'm all ears :cool: :cool::cool::D

Members don't see this ad.