Studying for IM rotationn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honey0102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Starting my IM rotation in August. How did you guys study? Was UW and Online MedEd enough or did you read through Step Up?

Members don't see this ad.

Uworld, Anki and OME. I used Step Up as a reference rather than a primary learning source.

Uworld, Anki and OME. I used Step Up as a reference rather than a primary learning source.
Which anki deck?
So did you use anki and UW as a learning tool rather than to quiz yourself on things you already knew (like a UWSA 2)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which anki deck?
So did you use anki and UW as a learning tool rather than to quiz yourself on things you already knew (like a UWSA 2)?
I used Zanki. I went through OME first briefly as a refresher since its mainly Step 1 material, then Uworld as a learning tool, and anki for reinforcement. Some people also use Anki as a learning tool but that never worked for me.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Zanki. I went through OME first briefly as a refresher since its mainly Step 1 material, then Uworld as a learning tool, and anki for reinforcement. Some people also use Anki as a learning tool but that never worked for me.

Is Zanki enough for IM, or do you have to supplement it with another deck like Doc's IM? Also, how did you coordinate the Zanki cards with UWorld? Are there specific cards for each question, or did you just find cards on a topic and un-suspend them once you did a question on it? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Is Zanki enough for IM, or do you have to supplement it with another deck like Doc's IM? Also, how did you coordinate the Zanki cards with UWorld? Are there specific cards for each question, or did you just find cards on a topic and un-suspend them once you did a question on it? Thanks!
I'm wondering this too!

I only used Zanki and it was good. I unsuspended the cards once I did a question on it.

Reactions: 1 users