Studying for inservice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eklope2000

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is a practical question book/fact review book to use to study for the inservice exam (I'm PGY-2). I feel like other fields have such books but I'm not sure what we have in rad onc that's like that, if anything.

Members don't see this ad.

What is a practical question book/fact review book to use to study for the inservice exam (I'm PGY-2). I feel like other fields have such books but I'm not sure what we have in rad onc that's like that, if anything.

Old exams.

The only book that may be of some use for the clinical portion is the Hansen/Roach handbook, but it doesn't cover radbio or physics.

Past in-service exams. Many questions are repeated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are old in service exams and answers publically available?

Yes, the ACR has posted them on their website in the past. There should be PDFs floating around if you ask around.

Old exams. Same concepts are tested year after year. I've been through all the old exams since 2003 (yeah, I'm a nerd. I mean, it's Friday night, and I'm writing this) and the same topics come up year after year. You can definitely focus your study if you take a look at the old exams. Someone also mentioned the Hansen handbook--if you knew it cold, you would do very well on the clinical portion of the exam. That book is very high yield.

Last edited:
Can sb help post the pdf file for old in service exam from 2003-2007? I can not find them in ACR. Thanks in advance!

I was wondering what time frame the residents of other programs take their in service exam on 03/04. We will take it at an aweful time from 2-6 PM after at least half day clinic.

8 to noon.

Does anyone have the 2007 Inservice exam with explanations for some reason I can't find that one. Thanks.